There are numerous benefits of adding math games to your kid’s routine. These spontaneous games can make every math learning session fun and exciting. Especially, for those kids who struggle with math, these games can be the ultimate companion. There are so many math games for children available today that you can explore online. Choose any game that has an effective instructional strategy for reviewing math skills. You will be able to see the difference within a couple of weeks.
Building fluency in math is very important as your child grows up. Fluency only develops when there is a constant connection between learning and practice. When math is over-practiced without understanding, there is a chance of forgetting or remembering incorrectly. To avoid it, a basic understanding of the subject is crucial. Here comes the importance of math games. Firstly, these games help the kids to understand the game rules (math strategies). Secondly, these games also promote the urge for regular practice in an unconventional way, which is liked and preferred by kids over conventional math learning and practice.
Here, we will explain the eight reasons to start using math games for children.
- An Alternative Way to do Math: Doing the same thing every day can be boring for the kids. Yet, math requires regular practice. Hence, math game can be an alternative way to encourage kids. Math game is a fun activity that promotes math skills in children.
- Promote Communication: Kids talk when they play games with each other. The conversation is important as it helps the kids to understand the rules of the games. Math game creates an environment of productive discussions and fosters academic vocabulary in children.
- Encourage Cooperative Learning: Kids can play these games in groups or pairs. As a result, their interpersonal skills can develop. Skills such as communicating, team playing, problem-solving, etc. can develop through these games.
- Appropriate for Different Learning Styles: Math games are great for all types of learners. While some kids are visual learners, some are auditory, kinesthetic as well. Math games with models and picture representations are great for visual learners. Games that promote communication are good for auditory learners. Games that include hands-on experiences and movement are good for kinesthetic learners.
- Increase Participation and Motivation: As kids enjoy playing games, math games can foster a positive attitude about math. When given a choice, the kids may freely choose math games over the other games and this choice can make them more confident about math.
- Develop Strategic Thinking: Kids make decisions while playing any sort of game and hence, their strategic thinking gets developed. When it comes to math games for children, their decision making and strategic thinking skill get further developed.
- Develop Home-School Connections: When kids are back home from school, math games can build an interesting connection that may get otherwise lost. This connection is very important for an overall positive approach towards studies. Homework is there to bridge the home to school gap but games are much more effective as these are basically fun activities.
- Give you Time for Observation: As a parent, you might get worried sometimes about the development of your kid. Therefore, observation is important to keep a track on it. Math games give you the opportunity to observe your kid closely while she or he is engrossed in these games.
Now that you know all the reasons for encouraging your little one into math games, go ahead and make every math session more enjoyable. In some schools, math games are given priority over the conventional way of teaching math and these games make a part of the education plan. So, are you looking for engaging math games that meet the criteria above? If yes, then you might like our math game for sure. We at Jigar Education Hub understand the real need for educational games and therefore, we have our own math games for children. ‘Math Games, Learn Plus, Minus, Multiply & Division’ is going to make your child fall in love with mathematics. If your child is struggling with math, this game can help him or her to develop basic math skills. So, go ahead and download the game from the play store to make the most of it.